We are pleased to announce that, in line with the recent relaxing of the lockdown rules and the guidance from the BRCA as well as Swanmore College, we are opening the TORCH track for practice at weekends starting 13th and 14th June.
Firstly, current TORCH members have had their memberships extended through to 2021
Please note there will be no financial benefits for members through 2020
Those benefits are back up in January 2021.
There is no need to be a member of TORCH to book practice sessions.
You do need to be a BRCA member.
We will be opening the track on Saturdays and Sundays with two 4 hour slots
Slot 1 = Morning (8:30-12:30)
Slot 2 = Afternoon (1.0pm-5.0pm)
- Maximum limit of 5 entries for each slot.
- The 6th person is always a committee member, in charge of race control.
- Slots will be available on a first come first serve basis.
- Request slots (booking in) via email to: email@example.com
- Payment of £20 via PayPal (Friends and Family payment – gift) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment has to be made within 24 hours of the club allocating you a spot and please note, it is not refundable. No payment, no slot. No Exceptions.
- These are timed computer practice sessions. The system will be announcing your lap times. Wi-Fi results will also be available as well as a screen to be viewed.
- A short attendance briefing at the start of each session
- ONLY the committee member on site is allowed in race control – No exceptions.
- Pitting in the field ONLY if weather conditions allow. You will be directed otherwise.
- Non drivers like Mechanics and Parents/Guardians etc, please contact email@example.com for additional information referencing attendance.
- Social distancing rules of 2m apart apply at ALL TIMES in EVERY AREA.
- Please refrain from working on other cars other than your own.
- No marshals – marshal your own car.
- There is a marked one-way system at the track so please observe and adhere.
- PPE and hygiene:-
We highly recommend the use of gloves/masks around the track and rostrum areas.
We believe many will be safer and feel safer this way.
Masks to be worn on the rostrum please.
- Sanitise regularly, entering and exiting the track.
- Our wish as a club is to allow many different people to get out on track, so we will control the usage of the same people taking slots week after week.