Note: If you have not seen it already we are now going to charge an extra £1 on the race entry fee if you have not pre booked on one of our all day events. This is to encourage the use of the booking in system as it then allows us to maximise our time racing rather than managing the computer in the morning.
Even though the weather is not looking good we are still going to the track this weekend to continue the following jobs:-
- Continue installing the fence
- Nailing down all edged of astroturf
- Finishing the bolting on the rostrum
- Repairing jumps
We will be at the site from 9am Saturday, if you can help it will be much appreciated as the quicker we get this done the sooner we can start using the track again.
If you are coming to a TORCH meeting and want the maximum time available to race then you can pre book for most events. If you have not already done so click here to register your details.
If you have already registered then click here to login
Once you have logged in you will now be able to view any events on the calendar and if there are tickets available you will be able to specify the number of entries that you require. Below is an example:-
Any box with a red star is required. Just make sure all the details are correct all the way down the page and then click on the CONFIRM ENTRY button.
Now you can click here to view all entries to the event. On the day come to race control and pay the race fees, by doing this we will spend less time entering details onto the computer and arranging heats as we can do this prior to the day thus maximising time for what we all want, RACING!
Big push this weekend on building the outdoor track. We need as many people as possible armed with lawn mowers, strimmers, hammers, extension leads and elbow grease as we are looking to start laying down some astroturf as well as putting up fencing.
All of the parts of the old outdoor track have now been moved to the new home @ Swanmore Leisure and we are so grateful for your donations so far via our JustGiving which has really helped with the costs of transporting the track to Swanmore.
Over the last two weeks we have been busy and the rostrum has been stood up and has now been welded back up after being cut up for the move and the roof has been reinstalled. Some modifications have been done to the rostrum as the ground is slightly different. The metal work has been painted green but some of the modifications still need to be painted once we have got some more paint.
This week the track area is being scraped, covered in hardcore and lightly levelled so that we should be in a position to start laying fleece and then astroturf as well as building a perimeter fence around the track this weekend 14th and 15th September.
We still have a long way to go and many other jobs still left to do and will be at the track most weekends until it is ready to race again.
If you can help out ask to be added to the TORCH @ Swanmore “help” What’s App group or keep an eye out for events via the website and on the Facebook TORCH page posts and events. Even if you can help out just for 1 hour it makes a difference.
We are looking forward to be able to offer Sunday half day racing again as soon as possible and keep a lookout for a future post regarding this.
As we are towards the end of the summer and heading to winter our TORCH Winter Indoor series 2019 – 2020 will soon be starting and you can click here to view the calendar and book in for this series.
If you have not donated so far head over to our JustGiving page. Please consider doing this as it will enable us to make our track so much better.
So far we have some of the astroturf rolled up and have removed 3/4 of the inside fencing. Here is what needs to happen next:-
- Remove nails from astroturf in front of rostrum and raised corned
- Roll remaining astroturf (requires 3 people or more)
- Dismantle raised corner
- Remove last 1/4 of inner fence and then remove outer fence by ditch.
- Place decking onto palettes ready for transporting
- Saw off all fence posts at the base
- Remove rostrum roof (requires 3 people or more)
- Remove stairs from rostrum (requires 3 people or more)
At the new home we need to do the following before the 24th August if possible:-
- Dig footing holes and fill with concrete for rostrum (requires 3 people or more)
- Dig trenches for electric, track drainage and waste for toilets
- Put type 1 mot hardcore over area of track and roller to level to 40/50mm deep
After the August 11th 2019 the outdoor track will be dismantled in preparation to be moved to our new home. The club after this date will no longer have any income until we start the TORCH Winter Indoor Series 2019 – 2020.
This will take a lot of hard work as well as money to move the track.
The following needs to be done at the current track:-
- Remove nails from astroturf
- Remove screws from jumps
- Remove all piping and jumps
- Remove any cabling (speakers, loop, electric)
- Unscrew all wood from fence
- Saw fence posts from base
- Place all piping, jumps and fencing on pallets
- Tidy inside container, race control and toilets
- Roll astroturf from container end towards toilets
- Take down rostrum (may require cutting)
- Transport container, race control, toilets, astroturf, fence, jumps, pipe
The above work needs to be carried out prior to the 24th August which will be when the track will be transported to its new home.
At the new home of the track the following has to be done prior to the 24th August:-
- Indicate fence line with spray paint
- Kill off any grass with weed killer (sprayer supplied)
- Put type 1 mot hardcore down inside fence line and roller to 40mm depth
- Dig trenches for cabling to and from race control (speakers, loop, electric)
- Dig trench for waste for toilets
Then when the track has been transported and delivered to the new home the following will need to be done:-
- Cover hardcore in fleece prior to laying astroturf
- Laying astroturf (many people are required to do this as it is very heavy)
- Install fence posts and fence
- Get preferred contractor (by school) to connect electric to container, race control and toilets.
- Dig mounting holes for rostrum
- Concrete in rostrum footings
- Rebuild rostrum (welding required)
There is much to do and you can help either by donating funds via our Just Giving page TORCH Club Move or by giving your time and helping with the jobs listed. Contacts us via our Facebook page and let us know if you can help.
The winter is coming as well as the TORCH Winter Indoor Series 2019-2020 the dates for this are as follows:-
3rd Nov 19 Winter 1
17th Nov 19 Winter 2
15th Dec 19 Winter 3
29th Dec 19 Festive Fun
19th Jan 20 Winter 4
9th Feb 20 Winter 5
1st Mar 20 Winter 6
We will be adding these events to Facebook as well as our events calendar for and will be opening booking in beginning of September.
This weekend on Sunday August 11th 2019 will see us host the last event at our current location at Poplars Farm.
This event is primarily for cars produced prior to the year 2000 but we have also opened up entries so that we will also have modern cars racing as well.
This event is also a celebration of TORCH becoming 40 this year and there will be a celebration cake and we encourage people to bring BBQ’s and or food to cook on a BBQ to make this very social.
After the event we ask that everyone helps start dismantling the track by bringing a claw hammer along to pull up the nails in the astroturf or a screwdriver to start dismantling the fence in preparation for the move to our new home at Swanmore Leisure.
You can book in via the website @ https://torchracing.co.uk/race-event/torch-classic/. Hope to see you there.